National Liberal Debate 18 – President Donald Trump – Have Your Say!
The National Liberal Party seeks to build an organisation that encourages free speech and debate. To do this, we also attempt to take into consideration as many views as is possible in open debate. Thus, members and supporters are always encouraged to have their say.
Before we start this debate we’d like to remind folks of our ground rules:
• First of all, say what you think – but think what you say.
• Secondly, just debate the issue(s) raised. There should be no personal attacks.
• As previously noted, we’re simply not interested in personalities.
• Please note that we may ask selected members and supporters to play ‘devil’s advocate’. Hopefully, this’ll help sharpen the debating skills of all involved!
• Finally, it should be remembered that all of the views expressed in Have Your Say! are personal and should not be taken to be the official view of the NLP itself.
Our latest debate asks two simple questions relating to incoming US President Donald Trump. Firstly, why did he get elected – and secondly what are the implications (particularly for Britain) of his election?